Automation of Canal Bridges
The proposed automation of the Gloucester to Sharpness Canal bridges by the Canal and Rivers Trust (C&RT) was reported in the last issue of The Bridge. Since then a deputation from the Severn Voice Group of Parishes has been to see the Leader of GCC and the Cabinet Member responsible for this area.
The following concerns were raised:
- lack of traffic surveillance by CCTV;
- priority being given to leisure boat users rather than road traffic;
- lack of parking at every bridge site;
- the need for immediate access by the Emergency Services;
- the need for consideration for effects on the wider community rather than just financial benefit for C&RT;
Although GCC has now promised to follow-up our concerns there is no guarantee that the Canal & Rivers Trust (C&RT) will take heed.
John Field, Chairman Elmore Parish Council January 2016
There is no update to be added to this information. Clerk, March 2021